Ohio Nursing Home
Nursing homes, elderly day programs, hospices and other facilities have the site of neglect and other forms of abuse of the elderly. Our lawyers have years of experience representing the injured, and he provides legal counsel and representation to elderly abuse victims and their family members in Ohio.
Abuse of the elderly can be:
- physical (e.g., pushing, hitting, unnecessary restraints)
- emotional (e.g., humiliation, taunting, scolding)
- sexual (molestation, rape)
- medical (e.g., inadequate care, bedsores, improper medication)
- financial (e.g., tricking the elderly out of their assets)
Most elderly patients do not speak out about nursing home negligence, because they are afraid of making it worse or because they do not want to burden their families. In some cases, elderly patients are not able to speak out because of physical or mental disabilities. As family and friends of the elderly, it is our job to look for signs of nursing home negligence such as:
- physical negligence (disregard for living necessities such as dirty sheets, towels or clothing)
- medical negligence (lack of care for existing medical problems; wrong doses of medication)
- dehydration, malnutrition and bedsores
- unsanitary living conditions
Nursing home abuse and neglect are illegal in Ohio and every other state. Contact our Ohio lawyers if you suspect or know that your elderly loved one has suffered elderly abuse in a public or private Ohio facility for elder care. He will protect the legal rights of the injured and help you obtain a fair legal remedy.
To help us evaluate your nursing home abuse case more efficiently, please be sure to include the following:
- First and Last Name
- Phone number and best time to contact you
- Date of the incident
- Short description of what occurred
- What the resulting effects have been
If you are writing on behalf of someone else, please provide us with the name of the injured and your relationship to them. Thank you!
Please fill out this short form for a FREE and confidential consultation!
Learn more information on Nursing
Home Abuse, click a topic below:
Learn more information on Sepsis,
click a topic below:
top of page